- Entry must have been taken after May 28, 2011.
- Entries that have appeared in Alpacas Magazine are not eligible.
- Send WORKING PRINTS ONLY (photos from a photo developer - any professional photo lab)
- Digital prints must be submitted in JPG format only.
- The photo must be placed on a either a BLACK or WHITE matte
- The category entered and a title of the photo MUST be submitted with the photo
- A brief story or photo explanation is encouraged and REQUIRED for all Junior entries.
- All entries must have a label on the back that lists:
- √ photographers name
- √ farm name
- √ address
- √ phone number
- √ E-mail address
- √ Category entered
- √ Title of the photo
- Adult (Age 17+)
- Junior (Age 16 and younger)
- $10.00 per Adult entry
- $5.00 per Junio entry
|PHOTOGRAPHY CATEGORIES Include alpacas in each photo for all categories
|Black & White
||Alpaca photos taken with skill and technique|
||What alpacas do where they live|
||Those loveable, huggable babies!|
||What do alpacas do that make us laugh?|
||Photos that are manipulated beyond the normal darkroom corrections|
- All printed photographs must be 5X7 and matted with a 2 inch white or black matt board.
- To be considered for the cover of Alpacas Magazine please keep these cover photo requirements in mind
- √ Vertical format
- √ High resolution
- √ Pictures with background like grass, sky, etc. around central image. This way the main image will
not be covered with the title or cover lines promoting articles within the issue.
- Mail-in entries must be received no later than May 11, 2012.
- All mail-in entries must be properly packaged and include return labels/postage in order to be returned.
- Entries can be picked up at the show between 12:00pm and 2:00pm on Monday, May 28, 2012.
- Closed judging will be on Friday from 6:00pm to completion.
|JUDGING PROCESS All entries are judged according to the category entered and based upon:
- Content, composition and creativity.
- How well the piece relates to the subject of the category
- The judge may change the category of an item at his/her discretion.
- Photography will be on display starting Saturday, May 26, 2012.
- 1st thru 3rd place ribbons awarded in each category.
- First Place winners will appear in a future edition of ALPACAS MAGAZINE.
- Honorable mention at the Judges discretion
- People’s choice from all categories combined
- 1st thru 3rd place ribbons awarded for Junior classes
- JUDGES CHOICE AWARDED FROM ALL CATEGORIES COMBINED AND AWARDED A PROFESSIONALLY MATTED AND FRAMED PICTURE.
- PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD WILL BE ON THE COVER OF ALPACAS MAGAZINE
- JUNIOR JUDGES CHOICE AWARD SHALL BE PRESENTED A KINDLE FIRE donated by Eye of the Needle Ranch
Photo entry tag
Photo entry tag - Junior
- Please make Check or Money Order payable to AOBA
- No Cash please
- Call the AOBA Office (615.834.4195) for credit card payment
MAIL ALL PHOTOS AND ENTRY FEES TO:
- 2012 AOBA NATIONAL PHOTO CONTEST
- Andrea Harrington
- 5000 Linbar Drive, Ste 297
- Nashville, TN 37211
E-MAIL DIGITAL JPG PHOTOS TO:
As is standard AOBA policy, every effort will be made to provide a secure environment, but AOBA cannot be responsible for individual items displayed. We plan to display the photographs in an area monitored by a National Show Volunteer.
(See entry form to volunteer). All photos will be submitted to Alpacas Magazine for future use and become the property of AOBA. Your permission to publish these pictures is granted by virtue of entering your photos in the contest.
Written authorization is required for pick up by someone other than the Exhibitor.
Items MUST be left on display until 12:00pm, Monday May 28, 2012.
Pick-up time is 12:00pm-2:00 pm on Monday May 28, 2012